Beckett is a hero appearing in Gigantic.
Official Summary[edit | edit source]
"Fight or flight? I'll take both!"
Official Rating Summary[edit | edit source]
While Beckett has a rather poor showing in defense and utility, the fact that she has a jetpack, and is thus incredibly mobile, acts as a multiplier for her high damage, making her like a bee with an atomic bomb - fast, hard to pin down, and incredibly damaging.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Beckett is a highly mobile DPS alternative to Charnok.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Beckett is highly usable and powerful, but only if used correctly. Because her jetpack boosts her survivability dramatically even in the fact of a low defense rating, timing your jetpack usage to ensure you're out of harms way can turn Beckett from a mid range hero into a top range DPS dealer. This high damage pair is super powerful, and she is arguably a better DPS than Charnok, with few situational exceptions. She can also use her jetpack to access parts of the map closed to other heroes, like secret passageways to the enemy Guardian and high vantage points for "sniping" and "camping".
Understanding her strengths and weaknesses is key to success, so consider what role you want to play before picking Beckett.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
Beckett has a variety of skins from which to choose. These skins do not change skill sets or abilities, and appear to be strictly cosmetic. This list is based on the open beta, and will be re-visited once the game releases.
- The Adventurer (Skin)
- The Iron Tower (Skin)
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Your Cannon is great for ranged fights, and your Machine Pistol is suited for close quarters combat. They are this way by design, so don't use them for inappropriate situations, as you'll find yourself quickly ineffective.
- Machine Pistols are great for clearing creatures and the Wound out fast.
- The grenade has a huge cooldown, so you need to use it within a group of enemies or when you can deal damage to high armor heroes. If you miss, you're negating a lot of your power for a long time.
- Using your jetpack can be a great way to get out of combat quick, so don't be afraid to use it.
- The Jetpack is a great tool for hit and runs. Jumping into combat, popping off a few shots, and then using the Jetpack to get beyond the enemy strike range can be a hugely effective method of attack.
- Stay on the edge of fights to deal damage while negating a lot of the threat to yourself.
- Find the secret in each level, the tunnel leading from your side of the map to the enemy guardian, and use the jetpack to exploit it as often and completely as possible.
- Stack the Dominator perk so that if you run into high cooldown and are down and out, you can quickly back out with what skills you have left.
- The Airstrike requires holding the Focus key down, targeting, and then releasing, which eats up significant amounts of time. Factor this into your engagements.
- Combo the grenade with the Airstrike for maximum area of effect damage.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Those golems may be indestructible, but they can't stop what they can't catch." - Beckett
- "I'm no thief. Strictly speaking, the test flight isn't over until I go back to the lab." - Beckett