Imani is a hero appearing in Gigantic.
Official Summary[edit | edit source]
"We think their sniper, Imani, is hidden on that ridge, sir." "Then why are you cowering behind these rocks? She couldn't hit a barn at that dist—"
—last words of Commander Sedgwick, House Tesserus
Official Rating Summary[edit | edit source]
Imani is a DPS beast, with fully maxed out attack. This of course comes with dramatically reduced defense, mobility, and utility.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Imani is a DPS hero, comparable to even Lord Knossos in terms of damage over time. Easily one of the most powerful heroes in the game.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Imani is easily one of the most powerful heroes in Gigantic, but she requires a player who knows how to best utilize her to unlock her true power. While on paper she is untouchable in terms of damage, she dies extremely quickly even with good support. Accordingly, as long as you keep Imani moving, snipe from different locations, and do your best to control the crowd, she's super powerful. Her skill, Silent Scope, increases damage the more time you stayed zoomed in, which leads to some pretty dramatic damage if used properly and with someone who has good aim.
Skin Lore[edit | edit source]
The Captain: There was never any doubt.Imani was the one calling the shots.
- Light Touch: Serving alongside the proud knights of Karakesh required both diplomatic and military skill.
- Dark Tidings: Her years as a mercenary captain earned Imani many friends. And enemies.
Eternal Master: “Only through discipline do we live up to the ideals of the Eternals.” - Imani
Operation RedHawk: As her company’s reputation grew, Imani’s services were sought everywhere in the world.
- Operation Goldhawk: Espionage called for a smaller crew and different tactics. Precision was the order of the day.
- Operation Greyhawk: There was no turning back once Zagyg’s creation had been unleashed.
Weapon Skin Lore[edit | edit source]
Blessings of Aurion: Imani had encountered many priests of Aurion, but these clerics were different. Compassion was not their chief concern.
Eternal Light: The gifts of the Eternals came from the City of Gods itself. Only the worthy could wield them.
Fortune Card Lore[edit | edit source]
[ The Captain I ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] "Victory is a matter of tactics, not simply prowess. Stay together and work as a team." - Captain Imani
[ The Captain II ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Captain is the highest rank the Tahiri are allowed. No force larger than a company could be fielded.
[ The Captain III ]
[ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Imani was too young to have fought against the knights of Karakesh. Instead she'd served under their command many times.
[ The Captain IV ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] All Tahiri learn to shoot at an early age. Some learn better than others
[ The Captain V ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] The goblins came in hordes. Wave after wave. Imani could not afford to miss or to hesitate.
[ The Captain VI ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] "Choosing your target wisely can be as important as hitting it reliably." - Captain Imani
[ The Captain VII ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Imani bowed to the young prince as protocol required. Still, her eyes noted each vulnerable joint in his plate mail armor.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
DURING CLASH: Focus gain boost for consecutive hits. (Max 2x after 10 hits.)
DURING CLASH: -2s cooldown.
DURING CLASH: You gain 50% Damage Resistance from Smoke Bomb stealth.
Skins[edit | edit source]
Imani has a variety of skins from which to choose. These skins do not change skill sets or abilities, and appear to be strictly cosmetic. This list is based on the open beta, and will be re-visited once the game releases.
- The Captain (Skin)
- Operation Redhawk (Skin)
- Spy Imani (Skin)
- Desert Imani (Skin)
Weapon Skins[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Boom Bolt burning is super useful, and can really keep pressure on enemies over time. You can also use it to augment damage against tanks, because as they see their health moving, they're going to move further out from the center.
- Your attacks are all based on line of sight, so get right into the fray as soon as you can.
- Jump before using the upgraded Smoke Bomb for better survivability.
- Imani can be taken out really easily by assassins and snipers, so use Frost Bolt and Smoke Bomb often whenever you see the threat coming.
- use Autobolts instead of your scope, as your scope limits your vision and movement. Only using your scope when you need the distance is a great way to make yourself more useful.
- Preserve your stamina as best you can, because you're going to need it as the fast moving unit of your team.