Lord Knossos is a hero appearing in Gigantic.
Official Summary[edit | edit source]
At the battle's end, they offered Knossos the high lord's mantle, but he refused. "You honor me, and you honor the lineage that flows through my veins," he said. "But I cannot lead. I am not ready for the tribe, and the tribe is not ready for me."
Official Rating Summary[edit | edit source]
Knossos is, by definition, a DPS hero. His sole purpose is do as much damage as possible in as short a time as possible. This unfortunately comes with some tradeoffs in terms of survivability, and certainly in terms of utility, so pairing him with other heroes is prime to your survival.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Knossos is a bull-like hero in the world of Gigantic. Carrying a heavy blade and able to take mass amounts of punishment, Knossos is perfect for tanking, though his slow movement allows him to be overtaken quite quickly if one is not paying attention.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Knossos is the king of melee, but that comes with its own caveats. His damage output is huge, especially in terms of basic attacks, and his abilities only make this potential damage output higher. He's super flexible, getting in and out of conflict rather easily, but he is rather slow. A group of agile enemies can control his motions, and while he'll likely survive the bulk of such encounters, he can easily be kited around the arena if you're not paying attention, essentially negating your presence.
Skin Lore[edit | edit source]
The Minotaur: He set aside his armor and helm. Lord Knossos had no army to command now.
- Royal Ambitions: Even in exile, Lord Knossos had a bearing that matched his royal ambitions.
- Greener Pastures: Knossos found Refuge in the arid wastes of the east. They were nothing like the grasslands he once called home.
Eternal Master: Lord Knossos saw something of himself in the Emperor, the ultimate symbol of dominance.
Highland Chieftain: To earn their loyalty, Lord Knossos simply needed to prove himself in combat.
- Badlands Chieftain: “They will not fear you because you are tough. You must also be strong” -Lord Knossos
- Mountain Chieftain: “You do not need a king for every valley. You need one king to rule the mountain.” -Lord Knossos
Weapon Skin Lore[edit | edit source]
Blessings of Aurion: Lord Knossos has no great love for the empire, but he knew a useful ally when he saw one.
Eternal Light: The gifts of the Eternals came from the City of Gods itself. Only the worthy could wield them.
Fortune Card Lore[edit | edit source]
[ The Minotaur I ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Each victory was a single step in his long journey home.
[ The Minotaur II ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Lord Knossos was never one for speeches. His deeds on the battlefield spoke volumes.
[ The Minotaur III ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Lord Knossos learned many things during his years of exile.
[ The Minotaur IV ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] They fell before him too quickly to count.
[ The Minotaur V ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Some days his mood was black, focused more on what he had lost than on what he hoped to gain.
[ The Minotaur VI ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] He was no simple brute. Knossos understood that power lay in more than force of arms alone.
[ The Minotaur VII ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Lord Knossos was not intimidated by the size of his foe.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
DURING CLASH: After hitting, your basic attacks ignore armor (4s)
DURING CLASH: On hit, Gore's cooldown is 7s shorter.
DURING CLASH: Your basic attack gives triple focus during Bull Rush.
Skins[edit | edit source]
Lord Knossos has a variety of skins from which to choose. These skins do not change skill sets or abilities, and appear to be strictly cosmetic. This list is based on the open beta, and will be re-visited once the game releases.
- The Minotaur (Skin)
- Highland Chieftain (Skin)
- Gladiator Lord Knossos (Skin)
- Chief Lord Knossos (Skin)
Weapon Skins[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Bull Rush might be a great attack, but it's an even better escape skill. If you find yourself outclassed, use it to get out of dodge.
- Gore, Labyrinth, then Skewer is by far your most powerful, if tricky, combo.
- Go after "squishy" targets for the best bang for your buck. Focusing here will help lower the amount of enemies your team faces, and multiply your effectiveness.
- Chuck is great for drawing enemies out of groups, but when upgraded, is also a great skill for one on one engagements.
- Knossos can dominate control points and negate creatures pretty quickly, so ensure you use him for that use case.
- Speaking of this, killing creatures triggers the Dominator talent, so ensure you kill creatures early to reap this benefit.
- Depend on healers like Vadasi to extend yourself during engagements, or your usability period will be pretty short.