Tripp is a hero appearing in Gigantic.
Official Summary[edit | edit source]
"Tripp is supposed to be the living incarnation of lightning, yet the world knows only her exploits as a thief and assassin. Is she rebelling against her heritage, or is there a subtle plan at work?"
—The Laughing Cowl, House Melkior
Official Rating Summary[edit | edit source]
Tripp's rating belies both her strengths and weaknesses. While her attack and mobility are through the roof, her utility and defense is in the basement. Accordingly, Tripp is great as a stealth or quick strike character, but players expecting a DPS can expect to get wrecked completely and often.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Tripp is a swordswoman with incredible speed but low defense and total health, making her great for quick, fast damage. Keeping an eye on your surroundings is of prime importance, as even one or two well placed heroes can decimate Tripp in a very limited amount of time.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Playing Tripp is a bit like riding a motorcycle - barely maintaining control, seconds from death. Because her mobility and offensive ratings are high, she is great for attacking from the shadows, and her skill, Flash Dance, lets her go invisible for these types of attacks. This comes with the caveat, though, that invisibility is not permanent, and though she might be fast, if she's faced with any significant amount of damage, she's like a paper cup in a typhoon.
Consider your attacks, and move with a group. Surviving as Tripp just requires a bit more planning than other heroes, but once you get the rhythm down, she is possibly one of the most powerful and extensible characters on the hero roster.
Skin Lore[edit | edit source]
The Assassin: Even in times of peace, Tripp’s talents earned her steady employment.
- Stark Reality: The scientists had wanted to use her, not help her. THat was the way of the world.
- Blood Money: Fair payments for an honest day’s work. This was the moral principle closest to her heart.
- Shock Therapy: If they were too surprised to realize what was happening, all the better.
Eternal Master: “Are Eternals really immortal? We could try to kill one and find out.” -Tripp
- Citadel of Amber: Governor Zhao employed many skilled bodyguards. A few survived.
- Citadel of Brass: The automatons did not see her. Nor did their master until the very end.
- Citadel of Storms: The storm engines crackles hummed with electricity. Tripp hummed along as she departed, her task complete.
- Citadel of Frost: The Hierophant had several days’ head start and a few highly skilled companions. Good. Tripp liked a challenge.
Weapon Skin Lore[edit | edit source]
Mark of Devaedra: “Nah, don’t want your gold. I hear there’s something else you can give me.” - Tripp
Icicle Shards: Just before the killing blow, Tripp was seized by a frigid blast. By the time she recovered, her blades were frozen and the Hierophant nowhere to be found.
Eternal Light: The gifts of the Eternals came from the City of Gods itself. Only the worthy could wield them.
Fortune Care Lore[edit | edit source]
[ The Assassin I ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] When an imperial house seeks the service of an assassin, trouble is on the horizon.
[ The Assassin II ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Sometimes she challenged herself by adding arbitrary objectives or conditions to the job.
[ The Assassin III ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Field exercises are the best way to hone your skills. Live targets are best.
[ The Assassin IV ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] No target was too big or too dangerous.
[ The Assassin V ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Be careful what enemies you make. They may be able to hire Tripp.
[ The Assassin VI ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Revenge was not the only reason to hire an assassin, but it was it was Tripp's favorite.
[ The Assassin VII ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Her memories of the facility were a shock of disconnected images. Most clearly she remembered the look in his eyes.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
DURING CLASH: On hit, 30% armor penetration for basic attacks (5s).
DURING CLASH: Debuff immunity during the slide.
DURING CLASH: Gain 100% crit chance when you become visible.
Skins[edit | edit source]
Tripp has a variety of skins from which to choose. These skins do not change skill sets or abilities, and appear to be strictly cosmetic. This list is based on the open beta, and will be re-visited once the game releases.
- The Assassin (Skin)
- Citadel of Amber (Skin)
- Urban Tripp (Skin)
- Desert Tripp (Skin)
Weapon Skins[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Use Electric Slide to engage enemies, but keep it in reserve as well for quick escapes from combat.
- Don't waste your invisibility. Pick your engagements and plot your movements, and ensure you're using Flashdance to stay invisible when it's warranted.
- Attack easy targets. The whole point of Tripp is to do quick, high amounts of damage, so attacking low health enemies and doing damage quickly is the best use of your talents.
- Stay on the edge of the fight like Griselma, as getting in the center is pretty pointless given your skillset.
- Avoid engaging tank enemies. Your damage is not high enough to take them down, and their interrupts can very easily negate you entirely.
- If players are paying attention, your stealth movements can easily be tracked, especially if you have a status effect like poison. Use sporadic, strange movements, or possibly Flashdance, to shake them.