Tyto the Swift
Tyto the Swift is a hero appearing in Gigantic.
Official Summary[edit | edit source]
Tyto is a quick, highly powerful hero with a set of skills that boosts his somewhat middling attack power.
Official Rating Summary[edit | edit source]
Tyto, on paper, is geared much more towards mobility than survivability or attack, though this is augmented somewhat by his abilities.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Tyto the Swift is a swordsman with the capability to deal dramatic amounts of damage in a short amount of time. Unfortunately, this also means Tyto is prone to receiving mass amounts of damage, and without the huge health buffers of other characters, is prone to quick death in heavy combat. Unlike Aisling, who makes up for this with the ability to amplify damage using Into the Blade and controlling the crowd using Terrify, Tyto prefers to use acrobatic skills to get out of the fray. Because of this, Tyto is perfect for players looking for a fast-paced game.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Tyto is perhaps one of the most powerful heroes in Gigantic, but for none of the reasons you'd assume. While his attack is generally "alright", his mobility amplifies his damage over time, increasing his poor showing in defense and making him have greater longevity. In part with this, his skills, especially Swoop, pair agility with damage, allowing for both quick, efficient assaults and the ability to get out of these assaults with low damage.
As with other high damage, high mobility characters, like Tripp, Tyto needs a team to lean on if he has any chance of survival.
Character Lore[edit | edit source]
Letter Of Unknown Province
My Lady. You say want leverage over Tyto? But every time i hear leverage i think "Revenge" Nevertheless I've done as you ask. Here's Tyto's background as plain as i can make it. Tyto is a secret royal heir; rejected by family, and biding time until politics is time for you to usurp the throne OR Tyto was left for dead by retrieving comrades after a vicious battle. The missing arm is a war wound when Tyto wasn't supposed to survive OR Tyto was a beggar child who learned acrobatics by running through the city streets looting the nightwatch OR Tyto was the incarnation of a raptor spirit that takes human form to hunt down the cruel and greedy OR Tyto was a circus performer by day and revolutionary by night OR OR OR tyto is a fixture and folklore but invisible in the official records. If you want to continue this fool's errand my lady you should find another fool.
~Signed By Koralia
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE "Tyto AKA The Swift"
- Distinguishing Features*
Crimson Garb including long cape Feather Bird Mask Missing Left Arm
- Known Associates*
None (Cross out put in "damnable vermin")
Unlawful entry into Farshallen Castle Theft of several wine vintages Kidnapping of Assault and Battery of more than a dozen castle guards Unauthorized duels against Sir Rylack & Sir Devlack Vandalism of castle banners and heraldry Obfuscation with intent of hiding one's identity
REWARD: See magistrate as soon as a new one can be appointed.
"List Of Architectural Changes hopes and prison"
“Wider guard walkways with railings installed on outer wall after three guards fell while trying to apprehend Tyto The Swift and escaping prisoner Marcash The Bold”
“Inner Moat doubled in width after Tyto The Swift observed leaping over it.”
“Spiked over hangs added to inner wall after Tyto observed scaling the tower during an anokra escape... the first one.”
“New locks added to warden's quarters after warden Juraneck disappeared”
“Inner moat deepened and water flow increased after Lady Talia observed accompanied by Tyto The Swift”
“Future architectural changes classified after Tyto The Swift observed using concealed door in new construction”
Dearest mandary quite a stir during the duke's new year's day proclamation. I'll relate the best i can but my hands are shaking as i write this. Our duke's memory isn't what it once was. So this year he relied on a written speech. I don't blame him. There is no way i could remember all the new laws, All the people who needed to be honored, all the usual new year's day stuff. It was a sunny day first we've had in ages, and i think he was near the end of the speech because he was reading rather rapidly. He would drop each page and it would flutter in the breeze. He was in the middle of recognizing all the dowagers who reached a certain age. When he said "And last but not least" before going on to the next page, and before he realized what he said he announced "Know that tyto the swift is watching you" then he dropped that page and turned white as a sheet. The crowd started murmuring and shouting. Then the duke practically ran from the stage. Because i'm the curious sort. I grabbed the last pages that he dropped and there it was. Written in a scrawling hand just as the duke uttered it "know that tyto the swift is watching you". The whole town could talk of nothing else and dare say next year proclamations will be quite different.
~Yours Sir Garren
Skin Lore[edit | edit source]
The Wanderer: "I never seen anything like how she danced with that sword. Wyvern never stood a chance." -Mina, Westholme Villager
- Court Intrigue: Before the Hierophant could thank his mysterious savior, she was gone.
- A Chance Encounter: "Don't know how he brought his airship through the storm, but no way we surviveour wreck without him." -Boatswain Iggs
Eternal Master: Tyto supported the Hierophant as he staggered toward the Eternal gate. Crossing the threshold together, they were engulfed in blinding light.
The Valerian: The valerian petals were a calling card and a warning: eternal slumber for the wicked.
- Midnight Valerian: Soon it was the highwaymen who feared the darkness of the road at midnight.
- Scarlet Valerian: The kidnappers had a simple choice: run or fight. They chose poorly.
Northwind: Grenn surveyed the ruined temple with fury. The Hierophant of Aurion was nowhere to be found, whisked away by some mysterious north wind.
- Icewind: The goblins cursed it and called it a demon, the cutting blur of ice and wind that stayed their advance.
- Darkwind: "He ain't for real, this bogeyman vigilante. Don't get spooked bu some story." -Ramsay
The Sunbird: Dressed in Aurion gold, she is called the Sunbird. She brings justice with her shining blade.
- The Songbird: "Let's see how good you are with that blade, little songbird." -Lotho's last words.
- The Starbird: "We would better call her the 'Starbird' since she appears most often at night." -Lady Marisse
Weapon Skin Lore[edit | edit source]
Eternal Light: The gifts of the Eternals came from the City of Gods itself. Only the worth could wiled them.
Fortune Card Lore[edit | edit source]
[ The Wanderer I ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Tyto showed a command of swordplay and battle tactics both.
[ The Wanderer II ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] As the years passed, tales of Tyto's heroics spread far and wide.
[ The Wanderer III ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Where did the wanderer learn to fight so well?
[ The Wanderer IV ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Tyto was a blur: Too agile to strike, too swift to escape.
[ The Wanderer V ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] You could never tell because of that mask. Was Tyto smiling while eluding your attacks?
[ The Wanderer VI ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Tyto the Swift was an agent of justice. Cruelty and oppression would not be allowed to stand.
[ The Wanderer VII ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Powerful as it might be, a Guardian could not hurt what it could not hit.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
Tyto the Swift has a variety of skins from which to choose. These skins do not change skill sets or abilities, and appear to be strictly cosmetic. This list is based on the open beta, and will be re-visited once the game releases.
- The Wanderer (Skin)
- The Valerian (Skin)
- The Sunbird (Skin)
- Unbird Tyto the Swift (Skin)
- Polar Tyto the Swift (Skin)
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Swoop and Blur might be great attacks, but they're even better ways to escape from engagements.
- Blade Dance basically stops an enemy in their tracks, so follow up immediately with Talon to wipe em out.
- Tyto is a borderline-stealth enemy, but you really need to be aware of Guardians like Cerberus who can reveal where you are easily, negating a lot of your singular nature.
- Tyto is super fast - open with Fang to break armor and cause bleeding, and quickly move on to take out heroes before they can fully upgrade.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I never seen anything like how she danced with that sword. Wyvern never stood a chance" - Mina, Westholme Villager
- "We would better call her the 'Starbird' since she appears most often at night." - Lady Marisse
- "Let's see how good you are with that blade, little songbird." - Lotho's last words.
- "Don't know how he brought his airship through the storm, but no way we survive our wreck without him." - Boatswain Iggs
Stories[edit | edit source]
- Tyto is legendary for herosim, specifically as an agent against injustice and cruelty.
- Tyto's "calling card" are valerian petals.