Uncle Sven is a hero appearing in Gigantic.
Official Summary[edit | edit source]
"We've granted Uncle Sven laboratory access four times, and we've exiled him four times. You don't need to be a scientist to figure out that pattern."
—Senior Researcher Ghautiri, House Tesserus
Official Rating Summary[edit | edit source]
Make no mistake here - Sven might have some high damage for one on one combat, but his utility is through the roof, and should reflect his role. Sven is 100% a support class, no two ways about it, and if you fail to understand that, expect to get stomped pretty spectacularly.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Uncle Sven is a slow-moving, mid-health hero who provides a healing component to any team. While he can take reasonable amounts of damage, he cannot deal them effectively, making him more of a support class than a damage class.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
While Sven has decent enough damage and can certainly hold his own on a one on one situation, the fact is that he is 100% a support class hero. His potion abilities have the potential to change fights, sure, and his damage is good enough, but his utility is through the roof. His power to keep the team alive and deal regular damage through status effects like Burn make him a powerhouse in his own right, but he definitely needs support if he gets surrounded.
The way to treat Sven is to think of him as a "mortar". Because his potions come out in an arc, planning around terrain and other features is key to success, and allows you to toss potions that the other team will never, ever see coming.
Lore Letters[edit | edit source]
Biography of a House Tesserus Airship Captain named Renald De Shallia. “Excerpt from fortunate winds.”
- What was Uncle Sven like at the academy? Well, we overlapped for only a year or two. I came to the academy shortly after the House Tesserus takeover. Of course, but most of the existing professors, Sven included, remained. It was an exciting time, you discover something and shout “Science!” without being self-conscious about it. Anyway, Uncle Sven, everyone called him “Uncle” even back then was teaching alchemy. His laboratory blew up, this was routine. Back then we shouted “Science!” a lot, we hardly ever shouted “Saftey!” Because Uncle Sven had no place to hold classes, he taught in the aeronautics lecture hall when we weren’t using it. He arrived early one day jus as a lecture was finishing up. He slipped into the back and took a seat right next to me. Professor Cavious was elderly and a slow talker, Uncle Sven couldn’t help himself. Whenever Professor Cavious paused, Sven started muttering things like “but only for co-efficients above two!” or “unless you add brightmidia to the fuel.” He got louder and laugher, not to be disruptive but because he was getting genuinely excited. “But there’s a shortcut that avoids all that math!”, “Of course there are better wing shapes.” Professor Cavious was hard of hearing, but he wasn’t completely deaf. He turned a rather vivid shade of purple, and dismissed us early. We heard a lot of shouting from the lecture hall, mostly from the professor, and for the rest of the semester, alchemy classes were held outside.
The account of the plague in the village of Garran’s Cross.
- Ever heard of blue pox? It’s the worst, you heave your guts out for weeks, and you’re weak as a newborn after that, if you’re strong. The young and the old, for them the blue pox is a death sentence, or it was anyway. One spring the blue pox was spreading throughout the village. We quarantined as best we could and even put up signs on the road warning travelers to stay away. Cottage after cottage got the white “X” on the front door though, and eventually the whole village was sick. Despite the signs and the white Xs, this old white haired man wondered into our village. He knocks on the nearest door, ours, ignoring the huge white X and asks if my wife has any salt peter from the local caves. She’s got the pox, so of course she heaves all over his boots then apologizes, and tried to clean it up, but she collapses right there. The visitor just shrugs and steps into our kitchen. He grabs orpiment, spices, a cask of mead, molasses, a hunk of sewed, and then he asks me where the distiller is. I did have a still in the cellar, though I don’t know how he knew that. He heads down the stairs for about an hour, then comes back up and gives us each a spoonful of a greenish texture. An hour after that we feel great. We get the recipe and we start making enough for the rest of the village. We’re profusely thankful to the old man who just shrugs and says “So, about that salt peter from the local caves, got any?”
House Tesserus Memo: To regent Franbrak, from Senior Researcher Ghautiri. Re: Lab Access for Uncle Sven.
- With Regard to Uncle Sven’s request to laboratory access. I simply offer this list of his previous house provided laboratories. Though we have no reason to number them yet…
- Labrotory 1 – Destroyed in Purple flame.
- Labrotory 2 – Dimensionally translocated.
- Labrotory 3 – Became unmoored from its foundation, and floated skyward never to be seen again.
- Labrotory 4 – Abandoned due to stench after a rain of fish fell from the sky.
- Labrotory 5 – Shrank to 1/12 its former size.
- Labrotory 6 – Emitted poison gas that turned all living creatures into small lizards.
- Labrotory 7 – Imploded, which at least made cleanup easier.
- Labrotory 8 – Rendered into a liquid state, than flooded academy storm drains.
- Labrotory 9 – Overrun by three eye’d tentacle beasts.
- Labrotory 10 – Collapsed after eroding at unnatural speed.
- Labrotory 11 – Unknown, but only a crater remained at daybreak.
- I trust I made my point? Besides, all your lab apprentices will start concocting “Beverages” inspired by Uncle Sven, and you’ll never get any work out of them. – Yours Ghautiri
Skin Lore[edit | edit source]
The Alchemist: When he left the Academy, Uncle sven traded his magister’s robes for something more comfortable.
- Orange Hue Clad: On his own, Uncle Sven would need to work harder to maintain a supply of reagents.
- Out Of The Blue: Traveling made it difficult to have his own lab, but the jovial Sven had a talent for finding willing hosts.
Eternal Master: Serendipitously, Uncle Sven followed the tenets of the Hermit, god of those who find their own path. At the Bazaar: No matter where he traveled, Uncle Sven found his talents in high demands.
- At the Crossroads: Travelers from Ishan sometimes carries herbs and reagents that were hard to acquire in the north.
- At The Palace: Royal memories were long, and the young sultan would not even exist had Uncle Sven not helped his father.
Weapon Skin Lore[edit | edit source]
Blessings of Aurion: Sven’s reputation for selflessness appealed to the priests. He liked their funny hats.
Eternal Light: The gifts of the Eternals came from the City of Gods itself. Only the worthy could wield them.
Fortune Card Lore[edit | edit source]
[ The Wanderer I ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Tyto showed a command of swordplay and battle tactics both.
[ The Wanderer II ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] As the years passed, tales of Tyto's heroics spread far and wide.
[ The Wanderer III ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Where did the wanderer learn to fight so well?
[ The Wanderer IV ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Tyto was a blur: Too agile to strike, too swift to escape.
[ The Wanderer V ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] You could never tell because of that mask. Was Tyto smiling while eluding your attacks?
[ The Wanderer VI ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Tyto the Swift was an agent of justice. Cruelty and oppression would not be allowed to stand.
[ The Wanderer VII ]
- [ Common ] [ Rare ] [ Legendary ] Powerful as it might be, a Guardian could not hurt what it could not hit.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
DURING CLASH: On inflict, nearby allies gain +10% damage for 5s.
DURING CLASH: -4s cooldown.
DURING CLASH: Gain focus when Healing Waters affects an ally. (Once per 5s.)
Skins[edit | edit source]
Uncle Sven has a variety of skins from which to choose. These skins do not change skill sets or abilities, and appear to be strictly cosmetic. This list is based on the open beta, and will be re-visited once the game releases.
- The Alchemist (Skin)
- At the Bazaar (Skin)
- Scientist Uncle Sven (Skin)
- Crackpot Uncle Sven (Skin)
Weapon Skins[edit | edit source]
- [[Blessings of Aurion
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Sven is a support hero. He can do damage on his own, but without support behind him, he can get wrecked pretty quick.
- Elastic Ooze grants a great super jump, and allows you to access hidden paths for sneak attacks on Guardians.
- Chaos Quaff duration increases when you have higher Focus, and sticks enemies to the ground. Use Chaos Quaff on high threat enemies like Tripp to negate them for a while.
- Use LMB to preface skills for an effective animation cancel, which should speed up your attacks.
- Sven's skills have a ton of splash damage, meaning you don't need to have great aim as long as you hit the general area.
- Acid Flask breaks armor, and should be used before your LMB attacks for increased damage.
- Sven's attacks have a decent arc, allowing for distanced attacks. Take advantage of this.
- Upgraded Fire Flash has a burning area of effect that can wreck even well trained groups. Use them in corridors or when retreating for huge damage.
- Elastic Ooze can have huge knockback. Place it in the way of pursuing enemies or assaulting heroes, and you can knock them out of the fight for a few seconds.