Summary[edit | edit source]
Ah the Cerberus Majoris... the simple but ferocious beasts that were once the fearsome guard dogs for the giants of the Abyss. After the Abyss swallowed their masters and shattered their lairs, these beasts search for a new treasure to guard and adventurers to devour. With massive appetites and an uncanny senses... tread lightly around these hounds of legends.
For the most part, these creatures are one of the simpler adult creatures to solo with assassins as it only has four main attacks that are simple to counter. Though it can be soloed easily, one usually needs a distraction on the other side of the map as the Cerberus Majoris can reveal all incoming enemies. It becomes much harder to kill when backed with allies as thought it's not the tankiest of adult creatures, it's dodges can significantly prolong its life.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Environmental Impact[edit | edit source]
Reveals enemies on minimap (within 42.5 meters).
Focus Skill[edit | edit source]
- Howl: An AOE attack that dazes and deals high damage.
- The daze comes out about 2 seconds after it starts rearing its head back.
Skills[edit | edit source]
- Bite: A close range attack that only deals damage
- It only does this if you are really close to it and it does not have howl off of cooldown. Easily dodged.
- Fire Ball: Fires three projectiles at enemies.
- It always spits from the middle head first, the right head second, and the left head last.
- Flame Blitz: Dashing attack that ignites enemies.It will only do this attack after the daze and it will always do it unless you are too far, in which case it will do the fireball attack
- ~12 seconds cooldown
- Almost nothing the Cerberus does is random. It's attack chain always goes like howl>dash>bite>bite>bite>repeat. Replace any given attack with fireball if you wander out of that attacks range.
- if you are kiting the Cerberus fireball, always move to the right until the first and second fireballs miss
- It's most powerful attack, the fire dash, can only occur immediately after he does the howl. If the howl is interrupted, he will not do the dash
- When you only have enough stamina for 1 dodge, dodge backwards to avoid whatever attack you need to and then disengage until you get stamina back. Get far enough away to avoid fireballs easily, and then close the distance when you get a comfortable amount of stamina.
- The Howl has adeceptively large AOE, so you should always time a dodge if you're near it.
- After each attack, there is a wait period where he either dodges or does nothing. When this period ends, he decides what attack he will do. The attack he chooses considers his targets distance from him. If the target is too far, he will fireball, and if the target is close enough, he will bite. The only exception is that he will always use howl if it's off cooldown and you're close enough (and the followup dash attack). Fireball is really hard to avoid at close range because if you dodge the middle fireball, you're dodging directly into another one. So, you want to make certain you're either far enough away to safely walk around the fireballs, or within bite attacks range so that he will not use fireball.
- When you only have enough stamina for 1 dodge, dodge backwards to avoid whatever attack you need to and then disengage until you get stamina back. Get far enough away to avoid fireballs easily, and then close the distance when you get a comfortable amount of stamina
- If you don't want to empty your stamina bar just to be safe, dodge away when you have 2 dodges left and wait for your stamina to recharge (stamina recharges more slowly when your stamina bar is empty).