|Unlock Cost:||5,000 / 400|
|HP Regen Delay:||5/s|
|HP Regen Rate:||133/s|
|Stamina Regen Delay:||1/s|
Charnok is a hero appearing in Gigantic.
For the dragons, "altitude" became synonymous with "prestige." They abandoned the lowlands entirely, constructing mountaintop towers in a ruinous "race to the sky."
—Bronze Tomes of Storyteller Shao, Vol. 4
Official Rating Summary
Fight fire with fire! Charnok is a sorcerer and a dragon—a combustible combination on the battlefield.
Charnok is one of the most powerful DPS heroes in Gigantic. Make full use of his burning debuffs and potent area of effect abilities by firing at large groups of enemies from a range and repositioning often.
DURING CLASH: 50 dmg/s.
DURING CLASH: Gain SPEED BOOST on landing. (+12%, 3s)
DURING CLASH: Gain focus when a foe dies with Burn you inflicted.
Charnok is incredibly powerful, and this simply can't be overstated. This is the character of choice for DPS dealers, largely because his primary is hugely damaging and his secondaries have huge area of effect and conal areas of damage. Charnok can carry an entire team if used properly, but because he's DPS and not a tank, don't expect him to soak up too much damage. Even a well-coordinated team of two can easily take down Charnok if you're not paying attention, so you really need to pay attention.
The Pyromancer: Any drakkor can breathe fire. Only a wizard can master it.
- Water and Flame: A senior drakkor magus wears the turquoise of the sea, a boast that no water can quench his flame.
- Golden Glory: Gold melts easily under the flame. A master Pyromancer shows his control with adornments of gold.
Eternal Master: Charnok was drawn not to the Ethernals themselves but to the reverence others held for them.
A Cult of Power: Elevated by House Devaedra, charnok achieved new heights of prestige and power.
- A Cult of Greed: With power came greed. He hoarded wealth like a dragon of old.
- A Cult of Fire: They followed him as supreme archmagus and revered him as the living embodiment of fire.
Ancestral ways: A year in the ancestral homeland was transformative in more ways then one.
- Ancestral Might: The ancestors held a more primal connection to the source of their power.
- Ancestral Secrets: There was a time before the Drakkor commanded the flame.
Weapon Skin Lore
Blessings of Aurion: A mage like Charnock would be greatly tempted by the enemy. A direct approach would be his only path to salvation.
Eternal Light: The gifts of the Eternals came from the City of Gods itself. Only the worthy could wield them.
Fortune Card Lore
[The Pyromancer I ]
- [ Common ] Charnok knew he would not master pyromancy in the safety of a wizard's den.
- [ Rare ] In his travels. Charnok became more and more certain that war was coming
- [ Legendary ] The Conclave did not believe the Empire would enter drakkor borders. Charnok knew better.
[The Pyromancer II ]
- [ Common ] Charnok believed in hierarchy and order. Respect is earned as a matter of station.
- [ Rare ] The kings of Ghandar traditionally kept a drakkor master pyromancer in their retinue. It was a position of great prestige.
- [ Legendary ] As tensions between Ghandar and the Empire grew. the drakkor were offered many honors in pursuit of their loyalty.
[The Pyromancer III ]
- [ Common ] A drakkor's elemental affinity is inborn, but to truly control their powers takes years of study.
- [ Rare ] Some pyromancers found meditation is the key to control Chamok believed in an more active approach.
- [ Legendary ] He did not care for their venal motivations, but time in the mercenary company gave Charnok many opportunities to perfect his craft.
[The Pyromancer IV ]
- [ Common ] With the right fuel, a fire can become a conflagration.
- [ Rare ] In his ﬁrst battles. Charnok's challenge was not manifesting the ﬂame but directing it.
- [ Legendary ] The captain's calm leadership taught Chamok to focus in battle. He would always respect Imani for that.
[The Pyromancer V ]
- [ Common ] The nomads believed drakkor bones were imbued with magic, and they were not content to rob graves.
- [ Rare ] When Charnok found the nomad camp, he showed no hesitation. Or mercy.
- [ Legendary ] The hunter's runes could resist Charnok's ﬂames for a time, but his fury was too great his attack too relentless.
[The Pyromancer VI ]
- [ Common ] The drakkor place a high value on civility... unless provoked.
- [ Rare ] The priests of Aurion came with promises of prestige and prosperity.
- [ Legendary ] House Aurion would not soon forget the rough treatment their priests received at the hands of the drakkor.
[The Pyromancer VII ]
- [ Common ] A pyromancer knows that the best defense is setting your enemy on fire.
- [ Rare ] Like a flower, flame blooms best under certain circumstances.
- [ Legendary ] "It's not called the 'heat of battle' for nothing. Fighting alongside drakkor is like doing battle in a furnace" - Private Melan of the Ghandar Militia.
Charnok has a variety of skins from which to choose. These skins do not change skill sets or abilities, and appear to be strictly cosmetic. This list is based on the open beta, and will be re-visited once the game releases.
- A Cult of Power (Skin)
- Ancestral Ways (Skin)
- Molten Charnok (Skin)
- Shaman Charnok (Skin)
- Detonate is a great escape skill as well as a damage skill.
- Dragon's Breath, when upgraded, has a good pushback, which is a good push neutralizer. You can also use this skill to temporarily push back DPS or Tank role enemies, negating a lot of their early benefit.
- Your Focus might be strong, but it's dodgeable. Push enemies against the walls or corner them to deal huge damage.
- Detonate is a great "shock and awe" skill. Use it, then immediately chase down enemies to wipe out even strong teams.
- Stay near your team, as you can take quite a bit more damage and distract enemies with your increased damage output.
- Keeping Charnok out of the main fight until enemies are low health is an effective strategy, as it can turn the tide of combat extremely quickly (especially if your team is low in health as well).