|Unlock Cost:||5,000 / 400|
|HP Regen Delay:||5/s|
|HP Regen Rate:||133/s|
|Stamina Regen Delay:||1/s|
Lord Knossos is a hero appearing in Gigantic.
Official Summary[edit | edit source]
At the battle's end, they offered Knossos the high lord's mantle, but he refused. "You honor me, and you honor the lineage that flows through my veins," he said. "But I cannot lead. I am not ready for the tribe, and the tribe is not ready for me."
Official Rating Summary[edit | edit source]
Charge into the fray! Lord Knossos is a fearsome force in melee, and his spears ensure that enemies can't escape.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Knossos is a bull-like hero in the world of Gigantic. Carrying a heavy blade and able to take mass amounts of punishment, Knossos is perfect for tanking, though his slow movement allows him to be overtaken quite quickly if one is not paying attention.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
DURING CLASH: After hitting, your basic attacks ignore armor (4s)
DURING CLASH: On hit, Gore's cooldown is 7s shorter.
DURING CLASH: Your basic attack gives triple focus during Bull Rush.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Knossos is the king of melee, but that comes with its own caveats. His damage output is huge, especially in terms of basic attacks, and his abilities only make this potential damage output higher. He's super flexible, getting in and out of conflict rather easily, but he is rather slow. A group of agile enemies can control his motions, and while he'll likely survive the bulk of such encounters, he can easily be kited around the arena if you're not paying attention, essentially negating your presence.
- Your Chuck upgrade should depend on the team you're up against. If they have a lot of poke, range, and escapes, then Heavy Barrel's bleed damage will whittle down squishier targets easily. Torus is better suited against melee fighters, as it locks them down easily.
- Don't save labyrinth until you can hit 4-5 heroes; hitting two will likely ensure a kill on both, as the bleeding and cracked armor will let you finish them off swiftly.
- Labyrinth is incredibly powerful for teamfights, as it will significantly boost your entire team's dps from all the armor you crack, and lock down all foes hit in the area. It is more powerful when you have your team with you, so using it when allies can follow up is best.
Skin Lore[edit | edit source]
The Minotaur: He set aside his armor and helm. Lord Knossos had no army to command now.
- Royal Ambitions: Even in exile, Lord Knossos had a bearing that matched his royal ambitions.
- Greener Pastures: Knossos found Refuge in the arid wastes of the east. They were nothing like the grasslands he once called home.
Eternal Master: Lord Knossos saw something of himself in the Emperor, the ultimate symbol of dominance.
Highland Chieftain: To earn their loyalty, Lord Knossos simply needed to prove himself in combat.
- Badlands Chieftain: “They will not fear you because you are tough. You must also be strong” -Lord Knossos
- Mountain Chieftain: “You do not need a king for every valley. You need one king to rule the mountain.” -Lord Knossos
Weapon Skin Lore[edit | edit source]
Blessings of Aurion: Lord Knossos has no great love for the empire, but he knew a useful ally when he saw one.
Eternal Light: The gifts of the Eternals came from the City of Gods itself. Only the worthy could wield them.
Fortune Card Lore[edit | edit source]
[ The Minotaur I ]
- [ Common ] Each victory was a single step in his long journey home.
- [ Rare ] Though he didn't often speak of it, Lord Knossos missed the sweeping grasslands of Orydon.
- [ Legendary ] To prove himself to others, he first had to find battles to fight. Battles that he knew he could win.
[ The Minotaur II ]
- [ Common ] Lord Knossos was never one for speeches. His deeds on the battlefield spoke volumes.
- [ Rare ] "I don't need medals to know I'm the best. But I'll accept them anyway, if you insist." - Lord Knossos
- [ Legendary ] "No point in writing ballads about his deeds. He's all too happy to tell you about them himself." - Dariel, Traveling Bard
[ The Minotaur III ]
- [ Common ] Lord Knossos learned many things during his years of exile.
- [ Rare ] Away from home, Lord Knossos had to adapt and change in ways unfamiliar to him.
- [ Legendary ] "Everything I do prepares me to retake my homeland. I only grow stronger." - Lord Knossos
[ The Minotaur IV ]
- [ Common ] They fell before him too quickly to count.
- [ Rare ] "They threw themselves at me! I could barely strike fast enough to keep up with them, but in the end, I was the victor." - Lord Knossos
- [ Legendary ] "I was wading through the tides of war, foes falling to my spears left and right." - Lord Knossos
[ The Minotaur V ]
- [ Common ] Some days his mood was black, focused more on what he had lost than on what he hoped to gain.
- [ Rare ] "Forgiveness has no place on the battlefield." - Lord Knossos
- [ Legendary ] Even the mildest slight left unanswered could be seen as a sign of weakness.
[ The Minotaur VI ]
- [ Common ] He was no simple brute. Knossos understood that power lay in more than force of arms alone.
- [ Rare ] "One must use the field of war to one's advantage." - Lord Knossos
- [ Legendary ] Lord Knossos knew all too well that wars could be won or lost with a single decision.
[ The Minotaur VII ]
- [ Common ] Lord Knossos was not intimidated by the size of his foe.
- [ Rare ] "Lord Knossos may be many things, but I will tell you this: he is no coward." - Captain Imani
- [ Legendary ] "Noesoes is teaching me to be as brave and tuff as him!" - Pakko
Skins[edit | edit source]
Lord Knossos has a variety of skins from which to choose. These skins do not change skill sets or abilities, and appear to be strictly cosmetic. This list is based on the open beta, and will be re-visited once the game releases.
- The Minotaur (Skin)
- Highland Chieftain (Skin)
- Gladiator Lord Knossos (Skin)
- Chief Lord Knossos (Skin)
Weapon Skins[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Bull Rush might be a great attack, but it's an even better escape skill. If you find yourself outclassed, use it to get out of dodge.
- Gore, Labyrinth, then Skewer is by far your most powerful, if tricky, combo.
- Go after "squishy" targets for the best bang for your buck. Focusing here will help lower the amount of enemies your team faces, and multiply your effectiveness.
- Chuck is great for drawing enemies out of groups, but when upgraded, is also a great skill for one on one engagements.
- Knossos can dominate control points and negate creatures pretty quickly, so ensure you use him for that use case.
- Speaking of this, killing creatures triggers the Dominator talent, so ensure you kill creatures early to reap this benefit.
- Depend on healers like Vadasi to extend yourself during engagements, or your usability period will be pretty short.