"His name, his family, and his kingdom were all lost to history. He lives for battle and battle alone."
The Margrave is a hero appearing in Gigantic.
Official Summary[edit | edit source]
"They cheered the Margrave's victory over the demon, but the cheers turned to gasps when they saw the Margrave's missing hand. Then the gasps turned to cries of horror as the Margrave ripped the forearm from the demon's corpse and grafted it into place."
Official Rating Summary[edit | edit source]
While middling in most stats, The Margrave is clearly best at defense. This is mirrored in his abilities and playstyles, suggesting that The Margrave is meant to function more as a tank than a DPS or Utility character. Accordingly, players seeking to absorb damage while mitigating enemy cooperation would be best suited for The Margrave.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Margrave is a tank-centric hero, akin to a stone wall more so than a sharp edge.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
DURING CLASH: Gain SPEED BOOST after deflecting or hitting with Hellburst.
DURING CLASH: After Charge, gain +25 front armor (3s).
DURING CLASH: Gain more focus if you hit multiple foes.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Margrave is really the only tank in Gigantic, and his stats are there to prove it. While his attack is middling, he has certain skills that allow for leaps that disorient and damage in equal part. He is best used as a damage sponge, though, and can't hold his own for too long without having some DPS behind him to negate the defense of the other team. Pair him with Vadasi or Uncle Sven to extend his survivability to ridiculous amounts.
Skin Lore[edit | edit source]
The Fallen: If the baleor could not stop him, what makes you think you can?
Dark Steel: The Margrave abandoned his house colors when he rose against his liege.
Heavy Metal: Even lavish gifts from Karakesh could not win his allegiance. The Margrave knelt to no lord, saluted no banner.
Eternal Master: The Margrave neither worshipped nor denied any god. All power intrigued him.
Seraphe Betrayer: For a time House Seraphe attempted to reform him.
Seraphe Slayer: The giant Hippogriff had been their prized possession.
Seraphe Bane: The Margrave would not be controlled and could not be stopped.
Weapon Skin Lore[edit | edit source]
Mark of Devaedra: The sorcerers offer offered terms The Margrave understood well. Strength, pain, and magic were often closely intertwined.
Eternal Light: The gifts of the Eternals came from the City of Gods itself. Only the worthy could wield them.
Fortune Card Lore[edit | edit source]
[ The Fallen I ]
- [ Common ] The Prince did not care how many of the Margrave's kinsmen fell. They must hold the eastern marches.
- [ Rare ] In time the Margrave wondered why he should not send his armies westward instead.
- [ Legendary ] His liege commanded a far superior army, but the Margrave was determined to win at any cost.
[ The Fallen II ]
- [ Common ] In Tarra Nak, the legend of the Margrave's ambition is told as a cautionary tale.
- [ Rare ] He prayed to the Whisper's Children to grant him what he desired, and they did so. For a price.
- [ Legendary ] When the demons swept into Tarra Nak, the Margrave understood the prize he had been promised.
[ The Fallen III ]
- [ Common ] After so many battles, the carnage must all blend together in his memory.
- [ Rare ] Kingdoms rose and fell. The Margrave's name was lost to history.
- [ Legendary ] Neither years nor battles could lay him low. The Margrave was as ageless as he was remorseless.
[ The Fallen IV ]
- [ Common ] The demon hand is hungry. It must be fed.
- [ Rare ] Is that what has sustained him over the generations? The feasting of the hand?
- [ Legendary ] Is it hatred or hellfire that keeps him going?
[ The Fallen V ]
- [ Common ] Desperate to stop him, the archers fired volley after volley at the hulking armored form. To no avail.
- [ Rare ] As the Margrave absorbed the incoming attacks, his companions advanced.
- [ Legendary ] The Margrave's charge scattered the royal guard, allowing his soldiers to cut down the enemy as they fled
[ The Fallen VI ]
- [ Common ] Only a fool would risk the Margrave's wrath.
- [ Rare ] When the demons slew his family, the Margrave swore vengeance.
- [ Legendary ] They say there were grasslands here once. Such was the price of the Margrave's fury.
[ The Fallen VII ]
- [ Common ] The Margrave was drawn to eldritch power as no mortal should be. When others fled, he gathered a hunting party.
- [ Rare ] Seeing his forces consumed by the baleor's flames, the Margrave felt no fear, only a covetous desire.
- [ Legendary ] The Margrave approached the monster alone. He would take its hand and its hellfire. He would make them his own.
Skins[edit | edit source]
The Margrave has a variety of skins from which to choose. These skins do not change skill sets or abilities, and appear to be strictly cosmetic. This list is based on the open beta, and will be re-visited once the game releases.
- The Fallen (Skin)
- Seraphe Betrayer (Skin)
- Knight The Magrave (Skin)
- Demon The Margrave (Skin)
Weapon Skins[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Hellburst is a great move to protect weaker allies, as it creates a field that they can fire through (but others can't).
- Use your bulk to block enemies escape routes, especially in tight corridors or limited spaces.
- Staggering Leap has a huge travel distance, and that's amplified even more when used atop a ledge.
- Even though you can take a ton of damage, you're not invincible, and can very quickly be overwhelmed.
- When upgraded, Charge Forth throws enemies behind you, which is great for negating a threat or removing an obstacle.
- The Margrave can leap to a lot of secret locations and ledges, which is not only powerful for movement, but for catching the enemy by surprise.
- The Margrave is a tank, so you really need to be leading your team forward. That being said, don't go alone, as without support, you can be easily wiped out.
- Jump just before Charge Forth, as this amounts to "sprinting" through the air.
- Use either Leap or Charge in each engagement - the other should be saved as an escape move.
- Hellburst does a ton of damage if you can get near enough to use it. Use it in AoE fields to bounce and direct the damage to the enemies within.