Curses and Control
|Unlock Cost:||5,000 / 400|
|HP Regen Delay:||5/s|
|HP Regen Rate:||133/s|
|Stamina Regen Delay:||1/s|
Xenobia is a hero appearing in Gigantic.
Official Summary[edit | edit source]
|“||Prized pupil of Devaedra herself, Xenobia emerged from the maelstrom with her mind, her pride, and her ambition intact. The physical changes...those were merely the price of power, Xenobia mused, and perhaps they could even be appreciated in time.||„|
Gaze upon her visage and despair! Xenobia strips away enemies' armor, diminishes their attacks, and slows them to a crawl.
Summary[edit | edit source]
A master of control and disruption, play carefully around the battlefield as Xenobia, using her life leeching attacks and plentiful debuffs to afflict your enemies aplenty.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Skills[edit | edit source]
|Gaze of EnvyLMB / RT|
|HOLD: Drain life and heal yourself.|
|Greedy Gaze||Withering Gaze|
|Drain more health. (+25 HP/s)||While attached, inflicts weakness. (-25% damage, 1s)|
|Survival of the Cruelest||Domineering Glare||Sap Strength||Siphon Strength|
|When your health is below 50%, drain 50% more health.||When your health is above 50%, deal more damage. (+25% dmg)||Weakness becomes stronger as you continue to hit the same enemy. (Maximum: -50% damage.)||Allies near your target gain +15% basic attack damage for 1s.|
|WORDS OF SPITERMB / LT|
|Homing projectile that cracks armor. (-10 armor, 3s)|
|WAVE OF SORROWQ / LB|
|Ground based projectile: Knocks up and weakens enemies. (-25% damage, 4s)|
|MARK OF DESPAIRE / RB|
|Targeted area (6s): Slows movement. (-30% movement speed)|
|CURSED SOULF,LMB / LS+RT,RT|
|Targeted Area: Disables enemies and drains 50 HP/s. Enemies cannot take damage while cursed. (4s/5s/6s)|
Talents[edit | edit source]
|80px||Insult and Injury|
|Battle||[RMB/LT]: Debuffs from Words of Spite last for 2s longer.|
|Clash||If a debuffed foe dies, reset all cooldowns.|
|Battle||[Q/LB]: Cooldown reduced to 10s.|
|Clash||Cooldown set to 1s on hit. (Once every 20s.)|
|80px||Reach of Despair|
|Battle||[E/RB]: Increased targeting range for Mark of Despair.|
|Clash||Hitting a foe gives nearby allies +15% damage (5s).|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Overview[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Wave of Sorrow can knock players back, which is great on the Canyon level, allowing you to knock enemies off the cliff immediately.
- Gaze of Envy, Words of Spite, Mark of Despair, Wave of Sorrow, Gaze of Envy is your best combo.
- Watch out for heavy damage and fast heroes, as they can absolutely wreck Xenobia in very short order.
- Xenobia is a hero built on good stamina. Watch what you're doing and keep your stamina up, otherwise you're going to have a pretty bad time.
- Upgraded Gaze of Envy reduces overall damage by 60% for 3 seconds. This is stackable, hugely increasing your survival time for one on one fights.
- Words of Spite breaks armor, and when used in group combat, can make quick work of the enemy.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Bio[edit | edit source]
Stories[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Gaze of Envy: None who follow Devaedra into the maelstrom emerge completely intact. The successes retain a semblance of their previous form. Not so the failures.
- Words of Spite: “Words are the deadliest poison of all, for the victims repeat them and thus spread the toxin.” – Xenobia
- Wave of Sorrow: When brought into the maelstrom, Xenobia remembered her family's fate: the poverty, the violence, the mourning. Never again, she swore.
- Mark of Despair: “I don't want you to fail,” Xenobia said. “I want to you dwell on the fact that you're about to fail.”
- Cursed Soul: “Why do our wounds matter if our rivals have so much life to give?” – Xenobia
Fortune Cards[edit | edit source]
- The Sorcerer I
- Common: If you are to achieve greatness, your enemies must be destroyed. It is as simple as that.
- Rare: “Most powerful sorcerer in the land” is not a title that can be shared.
- Legendary: Each small victory was a step towards her goals of ultimate power.
- The Sorcerer II
- Common: As long as she stayed in House Devaedra, there would be limit on her ambition. After all, Lady Devaedra was immortal.
- Rare: “Xenobia, you cannot hide yourself from me. I sense your restlessness.” – Lady Devaedra
- Legendary: “Satisfaction is weakness. Complacency is death.” – Xenobia
- The Sorcerer III
- Common: You cannot pursue power without also pursuing knowledge.
- Rare: When magic is involved, a youthful appearance is more likely to be a marker of spell-casting prowess than of age.
- Legendary: “Getting older is nothing to be shy about! Though clearly she doesn't agree.” – Griselma
- The Sorcerer IV
- Common: Wisdom is making others believe you are acting in their interests while actually serving your own.
- Rare: “Guile is just as important as brute force.” – Xenobia
- Legendary: “Her faith in my abilities is nothing short of inspiring.” – Welfrin Roads, Acolyte of Xenobia
- The Sorcerer V
- Common: She saw the battle with total clarity: rivers of fear, hatred, and euphoria that crashed together and flowed where she willed.
- Rare: Emotions were easily manipulated, and could turn the tide of almost any fight.
- Legendary: Strength drawn from suffering never falters on the battlefield.
- The Sorcerer VI
- Common: Foolish were those who did not understand her magic could be as deadly as it was cruel.
- Rare: Those that she drained she left in her wake.
- Legendary: “When she was done with him, he was just a husk. Eye sockets like caverns. His mind drained out through his nose.” – El-Ka, former apprentice to Zandibarl the Great
- The Sorcerer VII
- Common: Xenobia was used to being judged and despised. She knew how to disguise the malice it stirred inside her.
- Rare: “Many believe that my transformation is 'unnatural.' I am not interested in nature. I am interested in power.” – Xenobia, after returning from the Rift
- Legendary: “A price must always be paid. I accepted mine. Are you ready to accept yours?” – Xenobia
Skins[edit | edit source]
Xenobia has a variety of skins from which to choose. These skins do not change skill sets or abilities, and appear to be strictly cosmetic.
The Sorcerer skins[edit | edit source]
|The Sorcerer||Death and Darkness||Envy and Avarice||The Depths||Eternal Master|
|Default||3000 / 100||3000 / 100||Promo code: Register on Logitech web site.||Reach Hero Rank 5 to unlock.|
5000 / 50
|“The human parts of you are weak. It is no sacrifice to lose them.”
– Lady Devaedra
|Xenobia did not remember what it was like to be fully human. Nor did she care.||A sorcerer must never be content. Desire and ambition sharpen the will.||“The deep oceans hold many things as mysterious and dangerous as those in the Rift.”
– Aldabar, Sorcerer by the Sea
|“The Emperor and Empress are a doorway to truth, not a final revelation. The Eternals reveal deeper mysteries to those who dare see them.”|
The Acolyte of Pain skins[edit | edit source]
These skins were released with Corruption update.
The Bloodwitch skins[edit | edit source]
|The Feast||The Hunger||The Devouring
|15000 / 500||15000 / 500|| 15000 / 500
|“All hunger is the hunger for power. Consume or be consumed. That is your only choice.”
– Lady Devaedra
|Devaedra’s words had been a gateway, not the entire path. To consume was to be consumed.||Each transformation was a gift. Xenobia devoured each gift with delight.
Weapon skins[edit | edit source]
These skins change appearance of Xenobia's flying creature and FX of some of her skills.
|Mark of Devaedra
||Reach Hero Rank 10 to unlock.|
5000 / 50
|Xenobia claimed the creature as her’s by right.
“I do not serve you, I serve only myself.”
|The gifts of the Eternals came from the City of Gods itself. Only the worthy could wield them.|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Art by Alexandra Douglass
Rough sketches by Vinod Rams
Final concept art by Vinod Rams
The Bloodwitch skin concept art by Devon Cady-Lee